What you get and what makes us different to our competitors
Core & advanced features which ensure you get the most out of our signing software.
Our platform seamlessly integrates with most industry specific providers.
We have a flexible pricing model to suit anyone’s specific needs.
What you get and what makes us different to our competitors.
Frequently asked questions and solutions that might be relevant to you.
Plans for Small, Medium & Enterprise level businesses.
No setup fees & pay as you need notary features & add-ons.
Digital signing which integrates with most Recruitment ATS & CRM’s
Improve staff & client experience with digital signatures & notary.
Increasing compliance across life science & device businesses.
Solutions for state, federal, local, county & regional government.
Founded in 2010 to be a simple, smart, and secure signing platform.
ISO 27001 certified software which is backed by PKI Technology.
Technology which ensures non-forgeability & non-repudiation.
The latest Secured Signing company news and awards.
New & updated features and how to use them.
Updates about software we integrate with.
Blog articles, helpful tips and guides on digital signing & notary.
We have a flexible pricing model to suit anyone's specific needs.
Secured Signing continues partnership to integrate digital signatures within Bullhorn.
5 reasons government agencies and councils are adopting digital signatures.
New feature: Signing completion certificate.
Home // Support // Notary: Setting up Notary
Remote Online Notarization (RON) with Secured Signing, a game-changing solution that enables secure and convenient notarization of documents remotely. With RON, you can offer your clients a modern and efficient way to complete notarial acts, while ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
Please read through below on how you can easily set-up your Notary Account with Secured Signing.
Using Notary requires a Secured Signing paid account.
To enable Notary go to:
1. My Account
2. My Setting
4. Upload your Notary Seal
5. Upload your Notary Graphical signature
If you want to remove the Notary function just click delete and the function will be removed from your account.
For accounts with Multiple users – Any users in the account can be notaries by logging in to their account and uploading their Notary seal & Notary Signature.
In order to use Notary function, it is required to buy Secured Signing Credits, the best option is to use auto top-up so you always have credit to preform Notary.
The notary must enter their Commission ID, and commission Expiry date based on their Notary seal.
If the Notary tries to notarize a document after the commission expiry date the system will stop them from doing so, as the Notary must upload a new Notary seal and update the commission expiry date.
The Notary is fully responsible for maintaining this and keeping it up to date.
Enable Video Signing – RON function within the Notary solution
Video Recording Storage Location – Sessions will store in your preferred encrypted cloud storage location, US, UK or Australia. The recording of the video will be removed 7 days after the signing process has been completed, unless the recoding archive is enabled. The recording can downloaded before removal.
Enable Recording Archive Storage – if you want to keep the recording in Secured Signings cloud storage, you can access the recording from Secured Signing. This function has an additional monthly cost, see pricing for more information.
Enable Recording Link in Signed Document – access the recording of the video meeting via link in the signed/stamped documents, this feature is disabled by default. Once enabled, a page is added to the document with the Video ID, URL link and password to access recording, it must to be enabled with the Recording Archive storage if you want to access the recording from the signed document any later than 7 days after completion of the signing process.
RON Summary Cost – Email Notification that includes a breakdown of the Secured Signing credits used during the RON session.
1. Stamped document sent to invitee by Notary or by Secured Signing. The Notary can set up if the system will automatically send the signed document to clients on completion or if the document needs to be sent manually by the notary. If the ‘Notary Public’ option is chosen, the notary has full control of when the client will receive the signed notarized/stamped document, and can be held until payment by the client is completed.
2. Invitee Receive Completion Certificate – Once enabled, the Invitee will receive a PDF attachment of a document that offers detailed information relating to a signer’s digital identity and document activity.
3. Invitee Authentication Type – many US states require a RON meeting to include Identity proofing – Knowledge-based Authentication (KBA) and Credential Analysis – ID Verification before starting/joining a RON meeting. Tick KBA and ID Verification to include these in your process. SMS adds extra security to access the signing process with an SMS code that will send to the clients mobile phone. You need to know and enter the client’s phone number during the invitation process before sending the document.
4. ID Verification Setting – you can set up matching data that you already know about the invitee, and therefore should appear on their ID such as names, DOB, ID Number, ID Expiry date. If this doesn’t match, you can set the process to stop or continue. By Default if data doesn’t match the signing process continues. In any case, if something doesn’t match an email notification will be sent to the sender/notary
5. If No Facial Match – You also can perform a Facial Match, if the Face Matching with the ID picture is below the minimum score the face matching result will be failed. You can set the process to continue or stop the signing process. In either case an email notification will send to the notary/sender stating the face match has failed
6. Add a link to ID Verification results in signed document – this link will allow anyone who has a copy of the document to access a page with the official name of the signer/invitee as it was on the ID , type of ID used, date of the check and results of the check (pass or fail).
Note: Invitee can do the KBA and ID Verification any time before the RON meeting, and then just click on the email invitation and it will take them to join the meeting if they previously passed KBA and ID Verification.
If your state requires to use a Digital Certificate from an approved provider, you can purchase one from IdenTrust here.
Click Set up Certificate to start the process.
1. Select the Certificate provider and the way you want to use your certificate. You can upload it to Secured Signing or install the app in your Windows workstation to use the certificate on-premises.
2. Upload Certificate Process – The backup file you created while installing the certificate in your desktop browser. You need to use your password in order to access the file and then press verify.
Note: Please ensure you’re uploading the certificate for signing not for encryption.
Once verified press save and you’re ready to use it in the signing process. Every time a Notary will notarize or sign a document we will use this certificate to create an X509 Digital Signature.
3. Upload Certificate Process – In case you have a USB token/hardware to store your certificate or you want to keep the certificate on your premises/Desktop windows OS only, select remote Certificate Sign and press next.
4. Click verify to select the right certificate in your PC , and enter the certificate password.
5. Then you will get this screen. Once saved you will need to download and install the Secured Signing Remote Certificate Sign App in your PC, click download to do it now. You can also do this later, or the first time you need to sign.
Find us on